Yin And Yang
- When Yin wins a victory, Yang will be diseased
- When Yang wins a victory, Yin will be diseased
- When Yang wins a victory, you get fever
- When Yin wins a victory, you get chill
- When Yang is in deficiency, chill sensations in the superficial region
- When Yin is in deficiency, internal heat accumulates
Yin signifies five viscera VS Yang signifies six bowels
Yin signifies tendons and bones VS Yang signifies skin
Yin signifies storage of energy VS Yang signifies human activities
Yin signifies woman VS Yang signifies man
Yin needs Yang to reproduce VS Yang needs Yin to exist
Yin is like housewife VS Yang is like soldier guarding against foreign intruder
Yin is night VS Yang is day
Yin is moon VS Yang is sun
Yin is cold VS Yang is hot
The energies and flavours of foods are classified into Yin and Yang too.
Yin is cool and cold energies VS Yang is hot and warm energies.
Yin is sour, bitter and salty flavours VS Yang is pungent and sweet flavours.
To cure any diseases, Western medicine uses direct medical approach - cutting off or killing off the diseased part. Chinese uses sedating the excess and toning up the deficiency. Hot diseases were treated by cold herbs (using Yin herbs to treat Yang disease). While cold diseases were treated by hot herbs (using Yang herbs to treat Yin diseases).